"WATER BILL OF RIGHTS"
1. The City shall provide you with a clear and complete explanation of all
items on your water bill.
2. The City may refer you to programs to assist you with paying your
3. The City shall provide you with a written notice of pending
disconnection of service for nonpayment prior to disconnection of
service. The notice of pending disconnection shall be issued by
certified or registered mail no sooner than 30 days after nonpayment.
The notice of pending disconnection shall be issued in compliance
with section 4-3.2-8.
4. The City shall not disconnect service for nonpayment on any Saturday
or Sunday or any holiday observed by the City, unless the City is open
to accept payment and restore service on those days.
5. The City shall not disconnect service for nonpayment when the
National Weather Service for Harvey has issued a freeze warning or
excessive heat warning as of 8:00 AM on the day of the scheduled
6. The City shall not disconnect your service for nonpayment for a
period of thirty (30) days when you provide a doctor’s notice that
disconnection would create a life-threatening situation.
7. The City shall not disconnect service for non-payment because a
former occupant, not of the same household, failed to pay a prior bill.
8. The City shall allow you to designate another person to receive all
information regarding your service including notices regarding past
due bills and disconnection of service.
9. The City shall restore your service by the following day after making
the required payment when your services have been disconnected.
10. The City shall issue a credit, in the amount of 25 percent of the
current waste disposal rate, if there is an interruption in trash
pickup due to the City of Harvey’s failure to pay for waste disposal